Product Development Executive
Job Title Product Development Executive
Based at London (SW6)
PANGAIA is an early-stage sustainable start-up, operating at the crossroads of science, technology, art, and design. We have three business units:
- DTC (www.thepangia.com)
We are a dynamic, global business scaling at a considerable rate and currently looking for committed, talented and mission-driven individuals to join our team. A recent article by Forbes Magazine provides a good introduction to the brand: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brookerobertsislam/2019/12/05/this-startup-is-reshaping-what-it-means-to-be-a-sustainable-fashion-brand-from-materials-through-to-products/
Our name originates from ‘PAN’ meaning all-inclusive, especially referring to the whole of a continent, racial group or religion, and ‘GAIA’ meaning Mother Earth. We are comprised of individuals from all over the globe, with the same guiding principles and very different backgrounds, experiences, expertise and ideas. Here, scientists and technologists connect with designers and the next generation of creative minds to build functional, sustainable products. Whether they are made from next-generation biomaterials or recycled fibers, we believe they should be both beautiful and purposeful.
Our Collective has spent many years working on sustainable material solutions. We design products for living in, basic needs and any situation. We create our products using smart technologies, as many sustainable and recyclable elements as possible. It’s not 100% natural, yet. But we’re working on it.
We are starting a movement, and we want you to be a part of it.
As a Product Development Executive, you will work very closely with Head of Product Development and will support her with all daily the product line creation by partnering cross-functionally to communicate and execute to design aesthetics, product strategies and financial targets. You will also work closely with design team as well as all relevant suppliers to deliver on product design and brand while effectively managing day to day processes.
- Create and maintain technical BOM for each style and ensure accuracy.
- Working with suppliers to gather all relevant material and product costing during the sampling stage in order to support/assist Head of Product Development to drive costs down and budget aligned.
- Coordinate the sampling process (create, update and analyze tracking charts and PLM software)
- Ensure all Projects/ Critical Path key deadlines are updated & communicated cross-functionally to ensure PD deadlines are met for on-time Product Launches.
- Support the execution of demand-driven and seasonal booking processes, in addition to supporting in-season product management.
- Ensuring that PLM software system are all updated
- Partner w/ design to communicate aesthetic changes to vendors for Co-Creation styles
- Track samples and follow up on missing samples with suppliers.
- Organising Product Development handover to Production Team(s) and ensuring that all relevant information is complete and accurate.
The Ideal Candidate
- 3-5 years of Product Development and understands design and vendor/category management.
- Problem Solver- can proactively solve problems and effectively manage multiple challenges.
- Curios and motivated to develop new skills and knowledge.
- Solid knowledge of technical specifications
- Basic computer (MS Office & Excel) proficiency
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to guide suppliers
- Organised and efficient, able to multi-task and prioritize
- Good communication skills with experience of liaising with different internal and external parties
- Highly self-motivated, able to work well within a team and build relationships across departments
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
This list of tasks is not exhaustive and will be reviewed from time to time in discussion with the senior management team.