Job Title Office Manager
Based at London Office
Reports to Chief Operating Officer
Job Purpose Summary
Pan: all-inclusive, especially in relation to the whole of a continent, racial group or religion, Gaia: Mother Earth. We are made up of individuals from all over the globe, with the same guiding principles and very different backgrounds, experiences, expertise and ideas. Here, scientists and technologists connect with designers and the next generation of creative minds, to create functional, sustainable products. And we believe they should be beautiful. No matter if they are made from next generation bio materials or recycled fibers. We design products for living in, for any situation and for basic needs. Woven with smart technology, made with as many sustainable and recyclable elements as possible. It’s not 100% natural. Yet. But we’re working on it.
The purpose of the office manager is to oversee the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of our head office and ensure that office equipment is maintained and ensure all relevant records are up to date and all administrative processes work effectively to create a positive and happy working atmosphere.
Pangaia is a business in fast growth so an ability to adapt to change is essential.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- use a range of software, including email, spreadsheets and databases, to ensure the efficient running of the office
- manage online and paper filing systems
- develop and implement new administrative systems, such as record management
- record office expenditure and manage the budget
- organise the office layout and maintain supplies of stationery and equipment
- maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs
- organise and chair meetings with staff
- oversee the recruitment of new staff, sometimes including training and induction
- promote staff development and training
- implement and promote equality and diversity policy
- write reports for senior management and deliver presentations
- review and update health and safety policies and ensure they're observed
- check that data protection laws are being adhered to in relation to the storage of data, and review and update policies
- arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices
- attend conferences and training
Knowledge and Skills
- excellent organisational and time-management skills
- knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and other commonly-used office packages
- strong IT and typing skills
- the ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- good teamworking skills and the confidence to lead and motivate a team
- the ability to manage your workload and supervise others concurrently
- excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- attention to detail
- flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- a problem-solving approach to work
- project-management skills
- a familiarity with legislation in the areas of employment, equality and diversity and data protection - this is useful, but not essential.
Please email your cv to email@example.com quoting the job title above.
Due to the volume of applications we are only able to contact those who are successful for interview.