Fabric and Trim Development Executive
- DTC (www.thepangia.com)
As a Fabric &Trim Development Executive, you will be working closely with Head of PD on the fabric and material development direction and will be working with all external suppliers to manage, follow up all developments. You will make sure that material developments are aligned with the products and deadlines, target prices are met. You will be always looking out for “what is next” and be the hunter of newness and innovation in the material science domain.
Fabric and Trim Materials Support
- Communicates daily with fabric and trim suppliers on development-related questions
- If /when making necessary changes to specs, standards, and assists on interpreting design and PD needs
- Prepare and send new material briefs as requested in detail– providing approximate costings during developments to Head of Product Development during the sampling process.
- Co-ordinate and manage sample yardage and trim orders, ensure on-time delivery of all raw material to critical paths, owning tracking and communication.
- Develop and maintain the sample library and well as the material library
- Updating trackers with comments/adding new briefs to the tracker Product Management
- Maintain awareness of costing challenges across raw materials, updating a costing tool for all materials in the library.
- Trim/color card sheet approvals for new products; maintain information in the system to be accessible all Product and Design teams.
- Work with Design and PD to ensure all internal systems are aligned in information are accurate in tech packs, BOMs and Range Plans, etc.
- Manage execution of all Calendar development activities and drive accountabilities across all phases of development to ensure dates are met
- Work closed with Head of Product Development on R&D development approvals, ensuring approvals are aligned executed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Dynamic, ambitious and hard-working with 3-5 Years work experience in fabric and trim development
- Proven industry experience in product development, or highly motivated individual, keen to develop their experience in Product Development
- A strong understanding of the development process, including the impact of costings and target margins
- Understanding of the manufacturing process, capabilities and materials
This list of tasks is not exhaustive and will be reviewed from time to time in discussion with the senior management team.
Get notified when your item is back in stock. We're ready to plant your sea tree when you get back.